Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Morrissey - October 30, 2007 - Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA

Photo by PeteMoz


What can be said about Morrissey that hasn't already been said a million times over? He wrote all "the songs that saved your life" and continues to perform to his greatest capability as an artist. I've been a die-hard Smiths / Morrissey fan for years, but this was my first time seeing the Man live and in concert. It was truly a sight to behold and a night to remember. The Moz remained cool and confident throughout the show, even during a technical guitar problem which forced a first take of "Sister, I'm a Poet" to a very early close. "Don't be too hard on us," said Morrissey. "We're new at this game."

The setlist was very solid, with songs ranging from early Smiths tracks to Morrissey songs that are so new that they have yet to be properly recorded. "How Soon is Now?" and "The Boy with the Thorn in His Side" had the casual fans up and going, while die-hard devotees were especially entertained by "Shakespeare's Sister" b-side, "Stretch Out and Wait" and 'Vauxhall and I' track "Billy Budd." The newly-written songs, "One Day Goodbye Will be Farewell," "All You Need is Me," and "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" are all really strong, and if included, will make for a very pleasing next full-length LP.

Enjoy!

==============================================

Morrissey
Orphuem Theatre

Boston, MA

October 30, 2007


1. Intro (Klaus Nomi's "Death")

2. Simon Smith and His Amazing Dancing Bear

3. Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before

4. Billy Budd

5. Tomorrow

6. Shoplifters of the World Unite

7. Irish Blood, English Heart

8. The Loop / Band Intros

9. Sister, I'm a Poet [Aborted]

10. Sister, I'm a Poet

11. Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself?

12. Stretch Out and Wait

13. Jack the Ripper

14. I Like You

15. The World is Full of Crashing Bores

16. All You Need is Me

17. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

18. The National Front Disco

19. Death of a Disco Dancer

20. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

21. The Boy With the Thorn in His Side

22. Dear God, Please Help Me

23. How Soon is Now?


(encore)
24. First of the Gang to Die


Taping Rig:

Sound Professionals SP-CMC-1 Cardioids > Sound Professionals SP-SPSB-10 Battery Module > iRiver h320 (Modified with Rockbox Firmware) Line-In [PCM WAV 44.1 / +13 db Gain] > Adobe Audition 2.0 > CD Wave > FLAC Frontend > FLAC

256kbps (VBR) mp3 [w/ ID3 tags] / 175 MB / .zip folder


Download

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow excellent quality! Finally a goo d recording of "Arms Around Paris"! It was a great show and now I have a nice way to relive it.

Thanks for your hard work.

Gary
Boston, MA

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!! Thank you for sharing and all your efforts!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much. Very good recording. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!
By coincidence I found this blog.
I'm still a fan of the smiths and have seen Morrissey in Amsterdam in 06. So I appreciate this recording!

Jonathan Andrews said...

Would you please repost this show?

I just found it & would love to have it.

Thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

Please, repost the show...:-(

Happy New Year to everybody.

Holmeslaw said...

Can you please re-upload this?

Anonymous said...

Thank u ;-) check out this emo boy hair at this blog:
http://crazy-emo-boys.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I fool read a few of the articles on your website now, and I definitely like your line of blogging. I added it to my favorites trap page list and will be checking assist soon. Cheer contain out of order my orientation as well and leave to me conscious what you think. Thanks.

bootie said...

Amazing!

Thank for post.