Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Welcome!

The Bootie Blog is now up and running!

After taking my good friend Matt's suggestion, I have created a blog where I will post uploads of concerts that I tape. To reiterate my 'about me' description, I attend many concerts by my favorite bands, which consist predominantly of what many would call "indie rock." At these shows, I usually bring along my trusty recording rig which has produced excellent results in the past.

The postings will be high quality mp3 files, when I am at school. My college's firewall blocks BitTorrent trackers from being used, so I will only upload these to DIMEaDozen when I am home from school (May - Aug, and a few various weekends year-round).

The postings will typically occur within three days of the concert, and during lulls between shows, I may post a boot or two from my past to keep you all interested.

A final word that I would like to offer is this: Don't ever take tapers for granted. Our recordings, downloaded effortlessly by the public, take enormous amounts of money, time, and patience; but it is all for the greater good of the music community and for mass amounts of people to enjoy concert recordings, especially the attendees of a particular concert.

Disclaimer: The Bootie Blog hosts mp3 files of concert recordings that are not available for purchase anywhere, on any format. If you are an artist (or representative of an artist) and do not want your shows shared for free among fans, please e-mail me and any shows previously posted will be removed and no additional recordings will be added in the future. Mind you, this site is completely not-for-profit. I do not make a penny off of these recordings like those scummy eBay sellers who sell discs for loads of cash. These recordings are made by fans, for fans. Amen.

No comments: